Saturday, June 27, 2015

Compassionñol

Does your passion for something ever grow so large that you're pretty sure you're not physically containing it any more? That's kind of what happened to me as my life got swamped by Compassion International, the people, the work, and the God that encompasses it all. Coming back home, I began to realize that I could not possibly describe this trip accurately to anyone. Even if they gave me the time it would take to describe what we did every day (which most of the people who ask do not; I mean, a 30-second answer suffices for most), it would not communicate everything I thought and felt that whole week nor everything I have thought and felt since then. Who can understand this?

I had the blessing of a conversation with mi hermano [my brother], George, in which we discussed the impossibility of communicating the passion we had for Compassion. "Hey! We speak tres idiomas [three languages]!" he said. "Inglés, español, y spanglish [English, Spanish, and Spanglish]," I said. "Y Compassionñol," he responded. And he is so right. It is like another language! Those who speak it know: it is like another way of life. It is difficult to translate for others, though we try our best. But you may see a spark in our eyes as we talk about it that we cannot explain. Maybe you will get a glimpse. Even better, maybe God will pull you into this passion and you will begin to speak this language as well.

Compassionñol. Yes, there it is.




Sponsor a child today! compassion.com

1 comment:

  1. You worded your feelings so beautifully...it's hard putting what our hearts feel into words! You were such a blessing on the trip and your love of our Lord shines through you!

    ReplyDelete